The course was developed by Raheem khan Nizam Khan The Master in Agriculture sciences having India and abroad working experience in Horticulture.
- To study the various parts of robots and fields of robotics.
- To study the various kinematics and inverse kinematics of robots.
- To study the control of robots for some specific applications.
Course Outcomes (COs)
The student will be able to
- Analyze the function of sensors in the robot
- Write a program to use a robot for a typical application
- Use Robots in different applications
Unit I Introduction
History of service robotics – Present status and future trends – Need for service robots – applications examples and Specifications of service and field Robots. Non-conventional Industrial robots.
Unit II Localization
Introduction-Challenges of Localization- Map Representation- Probabilistic Map-based Localization-Monte Carlo localization- Landmark based navigation-Globally unique localization- Positioning beacon systems- Route based localization.
Planning and Navigation
Introduction-Path planning overview- Road map path planning- Cell decomposition path planning-Potential field path planning-Obstacle avoidance – Case studies: tiered robot architectures.
Unit IV FieldRobots
Ariel robots- Collision avoidance-Robots for agriculture, mining, exploration, underwater, civilian and military applications, nuclear applications, Space applications.
Unit V Humanoids
Wheeled and legged, Legged locomotion and balance, Arm movement, Gaze, and auditory orientation control, Facial expression, Hands and manipulation, Sound and speech generation, Motion capture/Learning from demonstration, Human activity recognition using vision, touch, sound, Vision, Tactile Sensing.
Unit VI Applications
Models of emotion and motivation.Performance, Interaction, Safety and robustness, Applications, Case-studies.
- Roland Siegwart, Illah Reza Nourbakhsh, Davide Scaramuzza, „Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots”, Bradford Company Scituate, USA,2004
- Riadh Siaer, „The future of Humanoid Robots- Research and applications‟, Intech Publications,2012.
- Richard D Klafter, Thomas A Chmielewski, Michael Negin, “Robotics Engineering – An Integrated Approach”, Eastern Economy Edition, Prentice Hall of India P Ltd.,2006.
- Kelly, Alonzo; Iagnemma, Karl; Howard, Andrew, “Field and Service Robotics “,Springer, 2011.